\At the start of his career, Dirk helped design, build, and launch the first intranet site for Johnson & Johnson. Two years later, he created what SONY called the world's first portable interactive sales presentation for Forbes Magazine. Dirk was a beta tester for Apple QuickTime, Adobe Premiere and Macromedia Director. He built and ran a twenty-person digital marketing agency, serving as President and CEO of NY/NJ based Murray Media. Check out some of the work Murray did on the Internet Archives.
In the early part of his career as an information architect, he worked on dozens of projects for major companies like ADP, ADT, AT&T, Calvin Klein, Ebel, EisnerAmper, Forbes, Johnson & Johnson, PKF O'Connor Davies, RKCO, and Verizon-Wireless. Dirk Herrmann's non-profit clients include UNICEF, Little Hill Foundation, and Mrs. Wilson's Treatment Services.
Dirk Herrmann has two decades of experience helping small, mid-sized, and Fortune-500 companies successfully position themselves for mergers and acquisitions.
- 2019 - OPTEK, designer and manufacturer of large-format, granite-based video and x-ray dimensional measurement systems, sold their business to ThorLabs just one year after we redesigned their website and improved their SEO to outrank rival, Nikon. See Automation.com article.
- 2018 - Reis is acquired by Moody's for $278 Million. Dirk redesigned the Reis.com website and provided annual thought leadership video assets which received quarterly mentions in the Wall Street Journal leading up to the sale. See Moody's press release.
- 2014 - Less than a year after completing a 400 page new site and re-branding initiative, Rothstein Kass & CO (RKCO - the nations' twenty-seventh largest accounting and advisory firm) sold to KPMG. See WSJ article.
- 2011 - After a complete re-branding (logo, website, signage, PPT, etc.) for encryption services technology company, Nubridges, the company was acquired by Liaison Technologies. See BusinessWire article.
- 2010 - Eisner, a mid-sized company, merged with Amper to form EisnerAmper, to form the 14th largest accounting firms in the nation. See ThinkAdvisor article.
- 2006 - Dirk's team rebrands Galileo by TravelPort including redesigning the website in 26 languages as Cendant Corporation sells Travelport to BlackStone for $4.3 Billion. See WSJ article.
- 2000 - When four cell phone companies merged to form Verizon-Wireless, Dirk Herrmann's agency was tapped to consolidate the digital assets of the four companies. This brought over 30,000 pages of content under one unified brand experience and consolidated nineteen individual logins into one single sign-in.
Dirk Herrmann recently moved to Alexandria, VA. His deep knowledge and experience in leading digital marketing programs, defining and executing digital marketing strategy can be leveraged by businesses and organizations looking to take their marketing to the next level or by large companies looking to bolster their in-house capabilities.